How to Make Tiffany Blue Icing

The first time I made Tiffany blue cookies, I wasn’t concerned in the least.  Until it was time to mix icing.  It was then I realized, I had no idea what color Tiffany blue actually was.  An Internet search only complicated the issue.  Google it.  You’ll see what I mean.

Tiffany Blue Icing CookiesAfter years of struggling, I decided that the world needed  a swatch.  A common color reference for comparison.  Like a box.  Except picking up a Tiffany box isn’t really practical for everyone.  So, I came up with another idea.  Paint chips.

Tiffany Blue ColorI picked up swatches at almost every home improvement store and compared the colors until I found a perfect match.  The winner, Benjamin Moore’s scuba green.

Then I mixed.  Perfect Tiffany blue every time, without the guess work.

Tiffany Blue Icing ColorHere the verdict.  The quickest easiest route to Tiffany blue icing is turquoise Americolor gel.  The key is taking it easy.  Using the paint chip as a guide, add color, little by little until you’ve reached the desired shade.

If you don’t have turquoise on hand,  you can always use equal parts royal blue and leaf green.

How To Make Tiffany Blue Royal IcingAs someone who’s come up with about ten different ways to create Tiffany Blue icing, I’ll be the first to say color mixing isn’t an exact science.  There is more than one way to achieve the same result.  So, if you’ve got another combination that works, don’t change things on my account.

Meanwhile, go grab a few swatches to keep on-hand and take the guess work out of Tiffany blue.

Tiffany Blue IcingFor more simple icing color tips, check out these helpful posts:

Comments

Thank you SO much for posting this!! I recently googled your last post on how to make tiffany blue icing – I am new to this cookie thing and have a project coming up and need the perfect Tiffany blue shade. Hooray!

Gail says:

Beautiful color. Please explain how you made the lovely bow on the cookie?

Stephanie says:

Every time I see SWEET SUGAR BELLE in my e-mails its like getting a GIFT!
    I am new at decorating cookies and your site has been soooo helpful and inspiring! I love your poppy cookies and thats what I am going to make…hope they turn out ok.
    THANK YOU!

Paula says:

The best Tiffany blue colour done with royal icing that I’ve ever seen and the cookies are beautiful!

Cristina Hamilton says:

Would love to see how you make that sweet bow….pretty please?

Charlie says:

Perfect!

I think you should send the people at tiffany’s a complimentary dozen.

You never know what may come of it.

Great work!

Charlie

Paint chips – BRILLIANT!

Wish I’ve seen this post earlier! I was trying to make this color for my friend’s birthday cupcakes. Thanks for posting it!

Barb Jourdain says:

Callye!!! I Love this bow cookie and the color. Every cookie you do is perfect. You still are the Queen of cookies.
    I’m going to make these for a birthday gift.

TracyLH says:

These are just lovely! The color is a dream and I love your modified “Ali-Bee Bow”! Just beautiful!

1. […] can get a little more complicated.  Yellow and blue make green, but they also make colors like Tiffany blue…when combined in the correct […]

2. […] guys know I’m on board with the spray paint. I can’t stop staring. Often all the little ‘disasters’ come together for the most […]