Summer is coming to an end but I’m not quite ready to say goodbye. Decorated hibiscus cookies are the perfect nod to warm summer days filled with fun in the sun.
The cutter used here is actually a sand dollar, but it makes a great hibiscus. You can find it here.
If you’re a little short on time, a four leaf clover also works well. To learn more, click here.
To make these cookies you will need:
- White 20-second icing
- Bright pink 20-second icing
- Yellow piping icing
- Course yellow sugar crystals (optional)
Begin by using 20-second icing to create a wonky white center. Notice that even when using 20-second icing, I outline before filling.Let the center set, then outline and fill the remaining portion of the flower. If you have issues with bleeding, you may need to wait longer between each step.
- Hula Girl Cookies
- Creative Hibiscus Cookies
- Hibiscus Cookie Tutorial via Lizy B Bakes
- How to Make Hibiscus Cookies via Glorious Treats
- How to Make Airbrushed Hibiscus Cookies via Montreal Confections