Growing up, I was surrounded by owls. My mom was a chi omega and collected cute little owl figurines. She thought the were the coolest thing even though my entire family teased her about her collection. Now the laugh is on us. Owls are everywhere! As usual, mom was right.
- Dark pink outline and flood icing
- Light pink outline and 20-second icing
- White 20-second icing
- Dark brown 20-second icing
- Colored piping icing for finishing details
Begin by outlining and flooding the owl’s body. Be sure to leave a space for wings.
Once the base is dry use white 20-second icing to make eyes. Add dark brown pupils when they’ve set.Finish up with details in the colors of your choice. I added some color around the eyes along with white pupil accents. I also piped a beak and cleaned up the wings with some dots. If you noticed that the cookie in step-by-step photos aren’t the cookies in the final photos, good eye. Sometimes I do that.
- Owl Cookies with a Tulip Cutter
- “Owl” Always Love You Heart Shaped Owl Cookies
- Wise Old Owl Cookies
- Owl Cookies with Creative Cutters
- Royal Icing Owls