Decorated Tutu Cookies

Despite a complete and utter lack of grace, I still have a thing for ballet.  There’s something so elegant and feminine about tutus, even in cookie form.  These pretty cookies are beautiful and easy to make.

Tutu CookiesWhile there are several gorgeous tutu cookie cutters available,  I don’t make them enough to justify the investment.  So, I used cutters from my collection.

My favorite design began as a shell, trimmed with a heart. I’m kind of partial to this vintage Wilton version, but any shell will do.

Tutu Cookie CutterThe great thing about this cookie is that it’s completely customizable.  If you prefer  sleeves, take the trimming a bit further and use the heart to create a v-shaped neckline.  For a fuller skirt, cut at a different angle, perhaps with a different cutter.  The possibilities are endless!

Decorating this cookie can be as simple or complicated as you like.  To make these, you will need:

Begin by marking a line between the bodice and skirt.  I use this trick to create uniform cookies without dragging out my Kopykake.

How to Make Tutu CookiesNext, use 20-second icing to flood the cookie as pictured below.  Wait a bit between each color to create a nice seam between the two sections.

How to Decorate Tutu CookiesOnce the cookie is dry,  add any details you like.  I used a #1.5 tip to add laces, ruffles, and seams.

If you don’t have a shell cutter, try these ideas.  I’ve had great luck with several cutters from my collection.

Inexpensive Tutu Cookie CutterScalloped circles work well, along with Elmo, flowers, jellyfish, and even eggs.

You don’t need a monster cutter collection to make amazing cookies, just a little imagination!

Tutu Cookie Ideas{1. A, 2. B, 3. C}

For more inspiring ballet cookie ideas, be sure to check out these links:

Comments

Angelina says:

Hello Maam…is it a sugar cookie in which u have decorated . what is the icing u had apply on the cookie.

TracyLH says:

Honestly, you are just brilliant! That is it… brilliant!

Ginny Shuflin says:

Now, I had a schedule for my work next week, no doubt after seeing these I will amend it immediately, these have become my priority. Just stunning, stunning. Kudos to you girl, you never fail to disappoint. As I have said in the past, you have mad crazy skills, I am in awe!

Margaret says:

Callie you are a genious! And I loved this idea because I do not have a tutu cutter! Tks! XOXO!

How did you know I am making ballet cookies this weekend?! Thanks for the awesome tip!

Stephane in Alaska says:

You kill me. Every time. You just kill me! (In a good way of course.) <3 Thank you one more time for being so generous with your ideas.

Rene says:

Stunning!!!!

I wish I had your cookie cutter brain. I could have saved myself a TON of money on all the cookie cutters I own!

Janis Ussery says:

These are absolutely adorable. Another awesome tutorial. Thank you for sharing.

Tanya Busuttil says:

I really appreciate all the tutorials you send us. You’re the best. Thanks a million. Xx

1. […] belle sweet fuck. info: details: comments [0] related [8] hide: add to favorites rate this video [ current […]