Decorated Pumpkin Cookies

Looking for an easy and impressive autumn cookie design?  Try decorated pumpkin cookies.  This classic shape is great for beginner and advanced decorators alike.

Decorated Pumpkin CookieTo make these cookies you will need:

• Pumpkin orange piping and flood icing {I mixed tulip red, egg yolk yellow, and a touch of warm brown}
  • Green piping and 20-second icing

Begin by outlining the pumpkin segments as shown below.  Based on the cutter I chose to divide the pumpkin into three sections, but this can vary.

Decorated Pumpkin Cookies 1Next, fill alternating sections with orange icing.  To create dimension, wait a few minutes before moving to the next one.

Segmented Pumpkin CookiesUse green 20-second icing to add a stem.

Decorated Pumpkin Cookies 2To finish up, I add a couple of vines and leaves.

Decorated Pumpkin Cookies 3For more beautiful pumpkin cookies, be sure to check out these links:

Comments

Anita says:

Callye, once again the most basic designs are the best! I love a nice clean sectioned pumpkin cookie. The one thing I’ve discovered, and maybe it’s just because I use glaze, is that when I do this segmented method on mini pumpkins I do the center section first and then the outside ones. If I fill in the center last it’s more likely that I’ll end up with craters there than if I do it first while the sides are still open. Make sense? Anyway, thanks for showing this style…helps me remember to not always look for the latest and flashiest but to stay with what has always been and will always be awesome!!!

Samantha says:

They look so “simple” but they are so perfect! Your tiny little leaves are just adorable and the vines are perfectly placed. Mine never look like that!
    They are so smooth and glossy I just want to look at them all day!

Ellen-Marie says:

Wow you make it look so easy. Love this tutorial. Will have to give it a go – thank you for sharing. Love you work x

Jill Simaras says:

I’d love the glaze recipe for the pumpkin cookies.

Georganne says:

I swear. I *always* over complicate things. These are so very gorgeous in their perfect simplicity.

Sweetsugarbelle says:

Nope…not possible. You pumpkins have given me a pumpkin complex. Seriously, after yours, I’m not sure mine will EVER live up. You are the queen of the pumpkin cookie patch!

These are awesome and I love how easy you make it look!

You may call it easy … I call it simply gorgeous :)

Morgan says:

These are simple, yet so beautiful!!!! I love how perfect and flawless your cookies always look!!!

1. Salad Blog says:

You Will Have Easy Cookie

[...] in cookies.  This classic shape is great for beginner and advanced decorators a [...]