Bunny Track Cookies

Every year around this time, an old familiar tune starts running through my brain.  “Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail…hippity, hoppity Easter’s on it’s way!”

With all the bunnies hopping around in my brain, of course I had to make cookies!

Bunny Track CookiesAs I’ve mentioned before, my inspiration comes from the strangest of places.  Would you believe the entire time I was working on these polar pal cookies I was seeing bunny paws?

Rabbit Foot CookieTo make bunny track cookies I used a simple egg cutter and trimmed with a heart.  They’d look just as cute untrimmed but y’all already know how I like to complicate things…especially since these are the easiest cookies EVER!

Bunny Track Cookies 1To make these cookies you will need:

• White piping and flood icing
  • Pink 20-second icing

Begin by outlining and flooding the cookies as pictured below.

Bunny Track Cookie TutorialOnce the base is completely dry {8-24 hours} use pink 20-second icing to create paws and you’re finished!

Bunny Track Cookies 3That’s all there is to adorable Easter cookies in a snap!  These are great as a stand alone cookie, but they also look precious mixed with bunny faces and cotton tails.  You could also do minis or a simple green round with bunny tracks if you like.  There are tons of possibilities!

And just in case you don’t have bunnies on the brain, here are a few more Easter cookie ideas:

Easter Cookie IdeasOn a more personal note, you might have noticed that I’ve been missing in action lately.  It isn’t permanent, the last few weeks of pregnancy have really taken their toll on my body.  It seems that in the six years since my last baby, I forgot how much growing a human can take out of you.  While I have big plans of starting her cookie decorating career at a very early age, I’ve been trying to rest and enjoy my little miracle as much as possible.  Thank you for your patience!

Comments

brantcookies says:

Rest up lady, turn the oven off and put your feet up! Best wishes to you and your family!

Vicki Wright says:

I am so happy to see you. You were missed! Take it easy and enjoy your sweet baby.

Jennifer says:

Oh man I completely understand how you may feel and your rite, enjoy the last of it. Altho it was great to see a new post :) question, for the 20 second rule icing, can I outline and flood with that consistency? Hope the remaining of your pregnancy is wonderful.

Robin says:

These are so cute, Callye!

Robin

mintiwall says:

I love your cookies i’l try to make them soon! Kisses from Turkey!

Rachel Nurton-Turner says:

Rest your body. There will be plenty of time to make cookies but only a small opportunity to enjoy your pregnancy. I can’t wait to try these once my Mother’s day cookies are out of the way. Stay happy and healthy! :D

Nunny says:

Callye, I just want to say that you have been an inspiration for me, I am still working at decorating cookies, and have missed your posts. Congratulations with the most precious gift, a baby, you truely are an amazing woman. Thank You.

Belle says:

Callye, I’m sitting her reading this post while rocking my 8 month old daughter, trying to get her to sleep. It wasn’t so long ago that I was where you are now. Knowing it would be my last pregnancy I soaked up every last (painful, tired, swollen & nauseated) minute. I couldn’t decorate cookies as the smell of RI made me even more nauseous! I think it was the egg white smell? Anyway luckily that went away. There will be time for cookies and before you know it your 8 month old will be crawling over your feet as you decorated like mine does :) I guess I am trying to say enjoy it, we all know what’s important, enjoy and much love xo

CookieD-oh says:

Very cute cookies! I actually had someone ask me if I could make bunny prints for them someday and I was wondering what cutter I could use. Problem solved! Take it easy for the rest of your pregnancy. We can wait, though we’ll miss you. :-)

Thank you so much for sharing. I have just gotten into making and decorating cookies so far there have none worth posting. I hope one day I will just get close to your talent.

Thank you again, and good luck with that new little one on the way.