Bunny Track Cookies

Every year around this time, an old familiar tune starts running through my brain.  “Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail…hippity, hoppity Easter’s on it’s way!”

With all the bunnies hopping around in my brain, of course I had to make cookies!

Bunny Track CookiesAs I’ve mentioned before, my inspiration comes from the strangest of places.  Would you believe the entire time I was working on these polar pal cookies I was seeing bunny paws?

Rabbit Foot CookieTo make bunny track cookies I used a simple egg cutter and trimmed with a heart.  They’d look just as cute untrimmed but y’all already know how I like to complicate things…especially since these are the easiest cookies EVER!

Bunny Track Cookies 1To make these cookies you will need:

• White piping and flood icing
  • Pink 20-second icing

Begin by outlining and flooding the cookies as pictured below.

Bunny Track Cookie TutorialOnce the base is completely dry {8-24 hours} use pink 20-second icing to create paws and you’re finished!

Bunny Track Cookies 3That’s all there is to adorable Easter cookies in a snap!  These are great as a stand alone cookie, but they also look precious mixed with bunny faces and cotton tails.  You could also do minis or a simple green round with bunny tracks if you like.  There are tons of possibilities!

And just in case you don’t have bunnies on the brain, here are a few more Easter cookie ideas:

Easter Cookie IdeasOn a more personal note, you might have noticed that I’ve been missing in action lately.  It isn’t permanent, the last few weeks of pregnancy have really taken their toll on my body.  It seems that in the six years since my last baby, I forgot how much growing a human can take out of you.  While I have big plans of starting her cookie decorating career at a very early age, I’ve been trying to rest and enjoy my little miracle as much as possible.  Thank you for your patience!

Comments

emdh says:

SO glad to see this post — you had us worried! Enjoy your new little one!

Connie Donald says:

Those are so cute Callye! Still thinking cookies even while waiting on a baby!!

Lynn T says:

These are so cute and I’m a huge fan of your work. I aspire to make such beautiful cookies one day! But…rabbits don’t have pads on their feet. They’re just fur covered…all over the whole foot. Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble. ;)

Your ability to make the simplest cookies look so beautiful just amazes me. Seeing simple cookies, made with simple cookie cutters always make me smile. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us. May the rest of your pregnancy be easier and I am praying for a easy and quick delivery for you. Sending you hugs and love!

Samantha says:

So darn cute and as clever as always! I love the soft, easy color palette! And I love the cute little bunny nose and the fun little tuft of hair :D
    Adorable!

Joni from SpringFling says:

Simple perfect. Again! Praying for a safe delivery for both mother and child. :-) What a wonderful way to welcome spring!

Joni from SpringFling says:

* Simply perfect — that’s what I MEANT!

Amalia says:

So adorable. I have been thinking about you, Callye, and hoping all is well ! Take care of yourself and that sweet little gift;)))

Christina says:

Oh how happy I was to see this post… I seriously check your blog daily and when you had not posted in a month I kept telling my hubby I was worried about “Sugarbelle”. So glad your news for not posting is so wonderful! Baby girls are amazing but you already know that. Plus new babies are an excuse for cookie celebration. I’m hoping this lovely cookie blogging community throws you a virtual shower. :) Praying for a healthy pregnancy and delivery. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Andrea says:

Wow I am impressed, I remember how big and uncomfortable I was pregnant. Can’t imagine having the energy of taking care of little ones and being able to bake/decorate cookies.

1. […] 1. Bunny Surprise Cake by Completely Delicious 2. Easter Cupcakes with a Surprise Bunny Inside by Cupcake Project 3. Bunny Track Cookies by The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle […]