Mini Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies

Since fall is in full swing, I thought it was about time for some autumn themed treats.  Mini pumpkin pie cookies are the perfect size for snacking and they don’t take much time to make.

Mini Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies Close UpTo make mini-pie slices use a knife to cut simple circles into wedges.  The size of the cookies will depend on what size cutter you use.

Mini Pumpkin Pie CookiesWhen it comes to circle cutters I love graduated sets because I always have the size I need.  If you have a mini-candy corn cutter, that would work too.

I used a four inch round cutter so the baked cookies were about two inches in length.

Mini-Pumpkin Pie Slice CookiesTo make these cookies you will need:

• Pumpkin orange 20-second icing {I mix tulip red, egg yellow, and a little warm brown}
  • Stiff-ish crust colored piping icing {I mixed ivory with a little warm brown}
  • Stiff white piping icing

Begin by flooding the wedges with orange 20-second icing and let dry.

Mini-Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies 2To make the crust, position a #101 tip near the left corner of the cookie, thin side up.  Slowly move up and down in a loose “M” shape until you reach the opposite side.

Mini pie slice cookies SweetSugarBelleUse a boo-boo stick or toothpick to clean up any sharp points if necessary.  If you’re new to petal tips, don’t let them intimidate you.  Practice on a paper towel until you feel confident.

Decorated Pumpkin Pie cookiesFinish up by using a star tip to add a dollop of whipped cream.  I used a #16, but an #18 would work well too.

Mini-Pie Slice Cookies for ThanksgivingIncluding the crust my mini pie cookies were just a little over two inches long.  For tips on making a larger version, click HERE.

Mini Pumpkin Pie Cookie 4Use these cuties to fill Mason jars for an adorable gift.

Mini Pumpkin Pie Slice CookiesIf you really want your pumpkin pie cookie to taste like pumpkin, try the pumpkin spice variation of my cookie recipe or one of these:

Fore more helpful ideas and inspiration, be sure to check out these posts:

Comments

Ashley says:

Adorable and easy as pie! Love this idea.

Karen D says:

This are adorable! Thanks for sharing your ideas and recipes. Where can I find the 20 second icing recipe?

Rochelle says:

This looks like it is as easy as pie :P These are really cool and they look absolutely flawless! How did you put the orange icing on the top? Did you pipe it or dip it? I was just wondering. Thanks! :)

lana says:

How and where is the recipe????

Maureen Camden says:

Pumpkin Spice Cut Out Cookies
      Ingredients

1 c. {two sticks} of REAL unsalted BUTTER, softened
      1 1/2 c. confectioner’s sugar
      1 egg
      2-3 tsp. LorAnn pumpkin emulsion
      1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
      1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg, ginger, and/or cloves
      2 1/2-2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
      2 tsp. baking powder
      3/4 tsp. salt
      Instructions

Cream together softened butter and confectioner’s sugar. Crack the egg into a separate bowl, and add the flavoring. Add that to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until the egg is thoroughly incorporated. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt, then add to the wet mixture a little bit at a time. The dough is ready when most of it sticks to the paddle. When touched, it has a little give, but does not stick to your fingers. Roll out on parchment to about 1/4 an inch thick, use flour for dusting as necessary. Cut and bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes. This version makes 2-2 1/2 dozen, doubled, it makes 4-5 dozen.

Anake Lolo says:

Just occurred to me that cutting the dough circle to match the size of a flat square or round container would allow you to arrange cookies like a whole pie. How impressive would that be!?

pam says:

cute but i don’t see what the cookie is – pie crust, sugar cookie?

Wendy Conger says:

VERY cute!!! Thanks for the instructions, gonna get on these right now!

Terri says:

Are you sure you want to put these in a mason jar for a gift? I think they’d get pretty messed up .

Jenn G says:

These are adorable, but I’m pretty annoyed that the recipe isn’t posted. If you are going to post these things, you should post the recipe. This is just a tease.

Wendy says:

A couple things: what sugar cookie recipe did you use? I’m worried that mine might puff up while baking. Also, 20 second icing?

1. […] Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies – So cute, but for the more adventurous baker. […]

2. […] Go here for the recipe: The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle. […]