Every once in a while I like a design so much it warrants an immediate redo. These cookie jar cookies are new take on last week’s candy jars.
My cookie jar cookies are actually “Frankencookies”. I made them by adding a small round “knob” to a trimmed mason jar cookie.
- Prepare red and white piping icing along with red, soft blue, light brown, and dark brown flood icing.
- Use red piping icing and a large round tip to create a knob then outline the lid. Flood.
- Give the red a while to set then outline the jar with white icing.
- Flood the jar with light blue icing making sure to leave a few empty circles for cookies.
- Quickly fill the empty circles with light brown icing to create cookies and add “chocolate chips” while the icing is still wet.
- Once the base is dry, add more cookies to the top.
- Finish up by piping details on the lid and jar.
While we’re on the subject I thought it would be a good time to share how I pieced together my milk and cookies cookies. Say that three times fast.
I simply combined a milk bottle with a simple round and baked. Easy breezy right?
Have a great week cookie friends!