The Curious Case of the Frankenstein Cutter

So, while I was at cookie camp, I got this COOL Frankenstein Cutter.

I was pretty excited because it had a little more “substance” than my old Frankenstein cutter, so as soon as I got home I baked up a batch of cookies.  Turns out he was pretty cute.

Then I got to thinking {y’all know where this leads}. The more I looked at my new cutter, the more I was seeing this guy.

Who’d have thought you could get these two guys out of one cutter?  Even Frankie is surprised!

So, the next time you get a request for the “dreaded” Toy Story cookies, don’t forget to look in your Halloween bin!  It will make your life at least ONE cookie easier!  Oh yes, and please excuse the picture quality.  This was an impromptu post =)

P.S. If you need a Frankie cutter, my friend Karen has some in her cutter shop, Karen’s Cookies.  I’m pretty sure that’s where mine came from.

Hope this weekend brings you lots of Halloween baking {or rest if you bake for a living}.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Lisa says:

Hi! Do you have a tutorial on the Toy Story? I love it!

Sweet Sugar Belle says:

I didn’t do a tuto for that one, I just made it quickly one night as I noticed….sorry, maybe sometime soon.

Eleni says:

Hilarious!!! Love them! You are so talented! Each photo in this blog makes me gasp, really!!

Loveforfood says:

that is so so cute.

Maria D. says:

I love the Mr. Potato Head! Did you add dough to make the brim of the hat? The cutter is syraoght near the top but you have a nice hat. Thank you, I LOVE your work

Neomi says:

I wanna go to cookie camp! Where do they have it?

Kimberly Boggs says:

These cookies are amazing. I am a day care owner and I am always creating and doing fun and crafty things. I would love to learn how to make these Adorable cookies. I had never heard of Cookie Camp. I would love to hear more please. Thank you

April Bickford says:

I’m a new reader, but i love baking and decorating. My mom was always making and creating cute professionally decorated cakes and always seemed like she was creating a masterpiece only to see it devoured in one sitting. Bit she loved doing it, is always been a wonder to me why she never became a professional decorator, she’s incredibly artistic (unlike myself) j was blessed to get en0ough of her talent to consider myself average and resourceful. Anyhoos, i noticed your Frankenstein/Mr. Potato head post and wondered, if you can make Mr potato head, how about the Mrs. too. In hind site i would have made some first then sent you the comment with my idea and picture. Problem there is i have no Frankenstein cutter and with all my current Halloween projects and two kids i don’t have the time :( the idea intrudes me though especially for a themed party. If it’s not to much of a bother maybe you could create a batch of the Mr. & Mrs., i would live to see your take on it.and if i find myself in possession of a Frankenstein cutter soon,i will gladly share my (amateur) results :-)

April Bickford says:

Please forgive the slew of grammatical errors, i hasn’t been to bed yet and it’s nearly morning, holiday gitters? I get very excited about Halloween :-)

BTW, I love your blog! You inspire me.

1. [...] An amazing example of how a cookie cutter can be used for more than one design: [...]