Happy Monday, everyone! Today is a special day. In celebration of Spring, I am participating in a virtual cookie party organized by my friend Haniela. I’ll try to keep my ramblings to a minimum, because there’s so many amazing cookies to be seen.
To make poppy cookies you will need:
- Piping and outline icing in the color of your choice
- black flood icing
- black sanding sugar
- white non-pariels
Begin by making royal icing transfers to use as flower centers. Use flood icing to make round dots on waxed paper and then sprinkle with black sanding sugar. These will need to be made a few days ahead of time so they have time to dry, so plan ahead.
If you have some stragglers, don’t worry…use a toothpick to push them into the wet icing so they are no longer visible. If the icing is thin enough, the marks will disappear, however, if there are marks, no worries, they’ll be covered in the end.
The next day, use the brush embroidery technique to add a little “frill” to the petal. Pretend this cookie is a nice coral color like the rest. I forgot to take a pictures of this step the first time around, and this is a dramatization of actual events.
As much as I’d love for y’all to stick around all day, I’m going to shoo you along. There’s much much more to see. It’s completely humbling for me to see the amazing range of talent and style represented by this group of women. I cannot wait for you to see it too!
So, have a flower…or two, or three.
1. Black Eye Susan by Lisa, The Bearfoot Baker
2. Carnation by Meaghan, The Decorated Cookie
3. Cherry Tree Flower by Pam, Cookie Crazie
4. Daffodil by Georganne, LilaLoa
5. Daisy by Stephanie, Ellies Bites
6. Dogwood by Marian, Sweetopia
7. Gerbera by Paula, Vanilla Bean Baker
8. Hyacinth by Amber, SweetAmbs
9. Hydrangea by Kim, The Partiologist
10. Iris by Cristin, Cristin’s Cookies
11. Lavender by Liz, Arty McGoo
12. Lily of The Valley by Hani, Haniela’s
13. Lotus by Marlyn, Montreal Confections
14. Morning Glory by Glory, Glorious Treats
15. Orchid by Ali, Ali Bee’s Bake Shop
16. Pansy Nicole, Life’s A Batch
17. Poppy by Callye, SweetSugarBelle
18. Sunflower by Bea, Cancun Cookies
19. Tulip by Lorriane, LorrainesCookies