Breaking Dawn Cookies

So, I was wondering…can you earn any kind of street cred for being a non-Twilight fan?  Because if there ever was a bad Twilighter, it would be me.

I’ve never even considered reading the books and  I only saw the movies after my husband ordered them on Netflix {and I am sure he will really appreciate me telling y’all that}. I am on no one’s team, I don’t have pets named Cullen or Bella, and I definitely didn’t wait in line for the midnight premiere of the movie.

Actually, when it comes to Twilight I might be altogether worthless…except for the fact that I can make a mean Twilight cookie.  I hope that will keep me safe at night.

Anyway, since all you diehard fans are probably at the movie right now I thought I would have some cookies waiting for you after the show.

Is my Twilight ignorance forgiven?  I hope so.

I started with margarita, mini tulip, and circle cutters which I used to make the chessmen.

When piecing cookies it’s important to remember to have a large surface area touching and to move them as little as possible before decorating.

This cutter combo is perfect for the job!

After baking, you’re ready to decorate.  As always, there are several different approaches you can take.  This time I flooded the base and piped on the details.

Next time around I will probably use 20-second icing for a little different look.  Anywho, to make these you will need:

• Red 20-second and piping icing
  • White 20-second and piping icing
  • White sugar pearls

Begin by using 20-second icing to cover the base of the chess piece.

Since I am kind of big on details I wanted needed to add a finial to the top of the queen.  I used sugar pearls like these but you could do icing or skip it altogether.

To attach the finial “glue” on a bead with royal icing and let dry.

To finish up, use a smallish round tip to pipe on a few details and let dry completely.

If you didn’t make it to the midnight premiere it’s not too late to make these for your Twilight night.  If ya did, make them anyway and wow your friends!

Despite being the lamest vampire groupie EVER, I pretty much have you covered in the Twilight cookie department.  They’re only a click away!

I hope everyone is having an amazing week!

Comments

So cute!! :)

Paula says:

Ha! At least you saw the movies. I have neither read any of the books or seen any of the movies. Not a fan of that type of movie but I am a big fan of these cookies!

Faithy says:

Great cookies! You are not alone.. i slept through the first movie..all the staring at one another just was too boring for me. LOL! And the second movie i thought would be better, and it wasn’t!..and I gave up watching half way despite all the fast forwarding in the beginning of the movie..lol!

susie says:

I wondered when you put out the “need a chessboard” post if this was what you were up to…there are so many midnight movie issues here that the last Twilight isn’t showing here until the next day. I suspect there’ll be some angry teenage vampires out there! I love these by the way….

Rebecca Lopez says:

Thank you for sharing these with us. I am not a Twilight follower but my duaghter is and she is away at college so I made these for her and I am going to mail them to her and her friends for the primer. I just started this whole cookie thing in July and you have helped me in so many ways. I love all your wonderful ideas and I was thirlled to have my picture taken with you at CookieCon
    Thank you Thank you Thank you. you are the Best!!!

Carla says:

I was totally confused when someone asked me if I named my daughter (Isabella… But Bella unless she’s in trouble) after Isabella Swan… And then came Twilight the freaking movie! If I could change her name to severe that coincidence I might consider the hassle!

Chris says:

You are forgiven. As usual, your cookies are so clever and beautiful! I <3 these!

Melissa says:

Oh my gosh! You mean I am not the only non-twilight fan out there? Just when I though I was all alone!

Kim says:

These are awesome! Being an avid TWIHard I will defenitley be making these!

1. [...] these Twilight: Breaking Dawn cookies are pretty much the best Twilight related thing I’ve ever [...]