After Christmas Shopping Frenzy

You won’t often see me hitting the day after Christmas sales.  I like to save my gift cards until the stores are restocked and the January clearance sales begin.  However, there is ONE thing that always draws me out, and you should check it out too!

I LOVE CLEARANCE boxes, preferably the 8×8 size.  They comfortably hold about a dozen cookies and are perfect for shipping.  They come plain or with designs which are great inspiration for coordinated sets.

Last year’s stash came in very handy while shipping holiday cookies this year.

The best part about clearance boxes, of course, is the price.  At about thirty cents per box, it’s unlikely you’ll find a better deal.  So, if you’re just sitting around, enjoying a lazy day it may be worth your time to bundle up and brave the shoppers!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas filled with peace and joy!

Comments

chai says:

Good idea ans save money.

That is such a good idea! I always go to get cards and wrapping paper for the following year but never think to look at the boxes.

Dawn says:

I always go nuts and buy every blouse size box I can get. Usually at 75% off, you can’t beat it. It fits perfectly a dozen minis!!!

haniela says:

I havent’ shopped at all ! I love bargains, I think I live for them actually.

fatihy says:

These are so wonderful! Wish i could get buy them!!

rosilet says:

oh yes, last year i spent new year´s eve in the US ans i still found some at the shops, I came back to Spain with some, that I used during the year…good good good!

Judy Carroll says:

I was reading your post from “After Christmas Shopping Frenzy” and I have a question. Do you place your cookies directly in the boxes? Or put them in something else to help them stay fresh before putting them in the boxes?

Thanks!

P.S. I love your blog it is filled with a wealth of information.

Christina says:

What size box would you suggest for 2 dozen 3 in. cookies to fit comfortably?