Flowery Alphabet Cookies

I’m doing a little *late* spring cleaning around here, so over the next few weeks I’ll be sharing a few cookies that I never got around to posting.  That means even though the whole Lorax craze has come and gone you’ll still get the pleasure of seeing my interpretation of the furry little guy.  But not today.  Today I’m in a flowery mood.

To make these cookies, I dressed up a simple candy corn cookie with a tiny little flower.  This idea will work with any letter, really, I just happened to need a “A” on that particular day.  I chose the candy corn for the base because it didn’t have any fragile protrusions.  P.S.  I’m pretty sure I giggled when I typed that word.

Anywho…back to cookies.  Constructing these was simple.  I used the flower to cut a notch out of the candy corn and connected them like a little puzzle.

After they were baked and cooled, I outlined and flooded them with plain white icing and did all of the decorating on top.  Since I am particularly fond of these colors, I thought I would tell you the colors I mixed to make them.

• leaf green + lemon yellow = bright green
  • regal purple + electric purple = my favorite purple
  • electric pink + terracotta = pretty coral-ly pink

The next time you have letter {or number} cookies on your mind, try using a mini-cutter to dress up a plain letter.  The possibilities are endless and they are sure to please.

Thanks for hanging around while I do a little housekeeping.  It’s always better with friends.  I hope this very busy time of year is treating everyone well.  See you again very soon.  Happy baking!

Comments

Paula says:

I love your cookies as much as I love your beautiful colours you decorated them with. You have such a great eye for colour Callye.

Ann P. says:

So pretty, Callye! I love the way you create different shapes with the cookie cutters you already have. So creative, fun, and new! It must take forever, but you get some really awesome results :)

These are so incredibly pretty and the colours are amazing. You are certainly the queen of colour mixing! Oh and those cutters are awesome. All 3 for only $2.99? I need to visit the states with a wad of cash for all my baking supplies, obviously!

Oh and RE spring cleaning.. I haven’t done any *gasp* I just haven’t had that weird nesting urge this year like I normally do. Shh!

D.J. says:

Love the centers of your flowers with the cute little green dots around them.

pretty!!

Jennifer says:

So very, very pretty. Your cookies are always beautiful.

beti says:

wow they are really perfect! you made a great job

Debra Kapellakis says:

ALMOST too pretty to eat.

Sue says:

I think I can do this! You are always thinking up ways to take cookies up a notch(or two):) Beautiful, Callye!

1. [...] Me hubiera encantado poder hacer estas galletas para mi hija Ana para su comunión. Pero a mí no se me da tan bien como a Sweet Sugar Belle. [...]

2. Bee Cookies says:

[...] To learn how I made the “A” cookies, click HERE. [...]

3. [...] with other fun designs.  I especially liked this pretty letter “A” cookie.  I used this cutter for the cookie and this template to create the striped [...]