It’s autumn in West Texas, so naturally, I’ve got football on my mind. This adorable football player cookie is easy to customize to match your favorite team and best of all, it’s made with a cutter many of you may already own.
Before decorating, I used a food color marker to map out my design. This is a great way to create uniform cookies without using a projector.
Start by using bottom of the snowman cutter to complete the circle and create a helmet.
- Fleshtone piping and 20-second icing
- Blue piping and 20-second icing
- Red piping and 20-second icing
- White piping and 20- second icing
- Brown 20-second icing
- Small amount of black piping icing
- Small amount of gray piping icing
When decorating people cookies, I almost always begin by using 20-second icing to flood the base, then add details when the base is dry. This design is no exception.
If your icing tends to bleed, wait a bit longer before adding the next color.
- Use brown 20-second icing to add a football.
- Pipe a collar, sleeves, and a number, if desired.
- Use flesh tone 20-second icing to add arms and hands, then pipe fingers with a small round tip.
- Pipe white stripes onto the helmet.
- Use gray icing to add a simple face mask.
- Add two small eyes.
- Use red piping icing to add wristbands, sock detail, and stripes to the side of his pants.
- Decorated Cheerleader Cookies
- Decorated Basketball Cookies (this technique is a great way to add interest to football cookies also)
- Chocolate Brown Royal Icing
- Homecoming Mum Cookies
- Game Face Football Cookies via Munchkin Munchies
- Football Player Cookie Cutter via Whisked Away Cutters (this version offers a little more room for arms)