Decorated Flower Cookies

Whether you’re a beginner or experienced cookie decorator, flower cookies are one that everyone should have in their repertoire.  They are perfect in a group but also work well as a stand-alone design.  Flower cookies are a great way to add color and interest to any theme without investing a lot time and effort.

Simple Daisy Cookies SweetsugarbelleA few days ahead of time, I used printed circle templates to make several flower centers .  To learn more and to print your own, click here.

Perfect Flower Centers with IcingDecorating was as easy as outlining, filling, then dropping on a center.  The key is to work quickly.  If you need to make any adjustments, use a small pointed tool such as a turkey lacer or boo-boo stick to gently reposition the center.

Decorated Daisy CookiesIf you don’t have pre-made centers on hand, you can always pipe them directly onto the cookie.  Create a circle with 20-second icing, then use the tip to gently remove any air bubbles.

Daisy CookiesWhen the cookies are dry, you can dress them up any way you like.  I went with a whimsical black outline piped with a #1.5 tip.

Simple Daisy CookiesRemember, this is just one of several ways to approach decorating flower cookies.  The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.

For more fun flower cookie designs, check out the following posts:

Comments

Caroline says:

These are beautiful, really effective, and I love the black outline ????

Petra says:

I really love these cookies you’ve made – I like the retro look of them – great colours and the leaves look terrific too :-)

I just finished making a bunch of flower power cookies and you’ll be proud to know – I used ROYAL icing and I am in love! Thanks to you and all the years of reading your how to’s and tips!

MacBoyzMom says:

Love these cookies! They really visually made an impact with me. Could you please let me know who made your cookie cutter? Also, would you please share what colors you used in your icing for the yellow, blue and green? Thanks.

Barb Jourdain says:

Calleye, Love the cookies!!! Very simple but Beautiful. You are still the queen of cookies.
    I am still waiting for that Cookie book. Your book would be the best of the best.

JUANY ESQUIVEL says:

HOLA VIVO EN MONTERREY, MEXICO ME GUSTARIA RECIBIR SUS RECETAS Y DISEÑOS, SOLO QUE QUISIERA SABER SI TIENEN ALGUN DISTRIBUIDOR O CURSOS EN ESTA CIUDAD O ALGUNA REVISTA QUE PUEDA ADQUIRIR EN ALGUN ESTABLECIMIENTO PERO… SI ES EN ESPAÑOL SERIA FABULOSO… ME ENCANTAN SUS DISEÑOS Y RECETAS, ESPERO SU RESPUESTA MUCHAS GRACIAS !!!

Cooking-Making Spanish Student says:

Translation: “Hello, I live in Monterrey, Mexico. It would please me to receive/have your recipes and designs. I would like to know if you have some distributor or course in this city or some magazine that I can get in an establishment. But … if it is en Spanish, that would be fabulous… I love your designs and recipes. I wait for your reply. Many thanks!!!”

This Cookies are look so delicious and awesome.

1. […] Decorated Flower Cookies […]