Decorated Bear Cookies

Are you planning a little mountain vacation?  Don’t leave home without cookies!  These decorated brown bear cookies are the perfect snack for your next cabin retreat.

Brown Bear Cookie Close-UpWhile the rest of the world is turning frogs into princes, I’m transforming them to bears.  All it takes is a little sketching…and this cutter, if it’s not already in your collection.

Brown Bear Cookie SketchTo make these cookies you will need:

Begin by outlining the cookie as pictured below.  If necessary, use a food safe marker to mark the cookie before piping.

Brown Bear Cookies 1Next, fill each section.  Give the ivory a bit of time to dry before moving on to the brown.  This will prevent bleeding.

Brown Bear Cookies 2While the brown icing is still wet, use tweezers to drop on sugar pearl eyes.  I do this to save time when I don’t want to mix another icing color.  If you don’t have sugar pearls, use regular black icing.

Let the base dry completely…this can take anywhere from four to twenty-four hours, depending on where you live.

Brown Bear Cookies 3To add interest, use a clean cotton swab to apply a tiny bit of color to the cheeks.

Brown Bear Cookies 4Finish up with the following details:

1. Use flood icing to create ears
  2. Add eyebrows with a #1.5 tip
  3. Use black 20-second icing for the nose
  4. Pipe a “w”-shaped mouth with a small round tip

Brown Bear Cookies 5Since I don’t like lonely cookies, I threw in a few other designs.  I’m pretty sure my brown bear is right at home in his little cookie forest.

Brown Bear Moose Cookie PlatterIf you like these cookies, be sure to check out these links:

Comments

CookieD-oh says:

Super cute! This set would be perfect for my Canadian uncle…especially that moose!

brantcookies says:

WOWSERS! Those are amazing and beautiful! The checkered cookies are incredible!

How flippin’ cute are these?! And those red checked cookies… FAB set!

LOVE these so much. You are brilliant. The simplicity you bring to complicated cookie decorating is amazing. With love…..

Emily says:

Super cute cookies! You always make it look so easy. Quick question…what do you use for the rosy cheeks?

Samantha says:

These are so cute! I love how many ways you have used this frog cutter now! And the log slices are genius! Your buffalo laid is perfect, I really cold have used that stencil a few months ago!

Tuzzi says:

These are just adorable! I have just started to get into the cookie decorating as a hobby. I love your website. I do have one question: Did you use a moose cookie cutter or is this a cookie cutter that was turned upside down . . .like the baby cookie cutter or a gingerbread one?
    Love your inspiration!

Carrie says:

I would like to try these for my sister’s 50th birthday. Do you have something that shows how to make the rest of the cookies?

Thanks and they are AMAZING!!

Giselle says:

These are so cute!

Hate to run, but now I have to purchase another stencil from the Cookie Countess!

G~

This is one bear I wouldn’t mind running into in the woods. He’s adorable!

1. […] week when I shared my decorated bear cookies several of you who wanted to know more about Mr. […]

2. […] from my sweet friend Callye at Sweet Sugar Belle. You can see how she used them in this set of Decorated Bear Cookies. She is amazing and inspires me […]