Ebay, A Great Place to Shop for Cookie Cutters

Nothing feels better than a little shopping therapy, especially after a long hard day.  I know the last thing I need is more cookie cutters, but I can’t help myself.  I just love searching for unique shapes like these.

Believe it or not, I found every single one of these lovelies on eBay.  I love stumbling upon unusual cutters that I’ve never seen before.  It’s like a treasure hunt.  I’ve come across tall pumpkins, random shaped hearts, cats that can be owls, and wonky stars… just to name a few.

Here are some of my favorites.

A neato scalloped oval, which is a great size {about 3.5 inches} and has unique zigzaggy scallops that I love.

These tiny star and heart cutters, perfect for itty-bitty accent cookies.

A  handy leaf, which is the one I used for this hibiscus set and a simple snowman, one of my all-time faves.  I’ve used this guy for about a hundred different designs and I could probably think of a hundred more.

I also have this oval cutter, which is a little longer than the first one.  I used these to make my 2012 New Year cookies, which would also work well for a graduation theme {hint, hint}.

And finally, my latest love, this wonky spider web.  I’ve only had this one a few weeks.  Isn’t it cool?  I’ve got ten ideas for it already!

I could go on and on, but I shouldn’t.  Instead, I’ll share a few of my own tips for cutter shopping on eBay:

• I kind of prefer plastic but there are all kinds of cutters available.  As a matter of fact, there are so many that it can seem overwhelming.  To narrow it down, I suggest very specific searches.  For example, if you’re looking for a skull cutter, type “skull cookie cutter” or “copper skull cutter”.  This will get you a lot closer to the prize than a broad term like “Halloween cookie cutter”.
  • There is a huge price range when it comes to eBay cutters.  If you see one you like but it seems a bit pricey, don’t buy it.  Look around a bit. It could be included in a lot of cutters, which often sells for less than a single.  If you don’t need them all, resell them, or pass them along to friends.
  • Check measurements.  It’s irritating to get uber excited about a cool monkey cutter that turns out to be eight inches across…not that I’ve ever done that or anything.
  • If you have your heart set on that expensive copper cutter, it never hurts to check eBay first.  You may just get lucky!
  • Buy cutters that can be used for many things.

Finding new cookie cutters is almost as exciting as looking for buried treasure and can easily get out of hand.  Just know that if you’re cookie cutter collection looks like this, you’re not alone.  There’s a place for you! Check out The Cookie Cutter Collectors Club.  For just $25 dollars a year, you can join.  They have conventions and everything!!!

My cutter shopping is not just limited to eBay, of course.  I also frequent these fun spots.

PS-Please don’t mention my name to your significant others when the packages start arriving.  You may not be allowed to visit me anymore!

Comments

Dianna Belle says:

Your snowman could be an awesome wedding cake.. and the one you call spider, when I first saw it in the pile… i thought “holly leaf”,
    OMG-I cannot believe your collection!! My husband would leave me… LOL

Carolyn says:

This is too funny because I just decided to get into cookies this week and I have been spending countless hours scouring eBay for plastic cookie cutters! I laughed to myself when I saw your post last night. I think I just discovered your blog a few days ago too! Your post continued to inspire me and let me know i started my collection off right. My first batch of cutters arrived in the mail today and I love them. Thanks! You may hear me chiming in with a few questions here and there as I plan on tackling this 20 second icing in the next few weeks.

Well I’m actually hugely jealous that you found a monkey cutter that is 8″! I think that woul dhave been my kind of heaven! My daughter’s baby shower is the end of June and I’m super excited to make my first monkey for her jungle themed baby shower. She bought me a monkey head cutter and I bought a monkey body that I drooled over for months before I broke down and bought it. I’ve found lots of special treasures on Ebay too. Your huge collection of cookie cutters is amazing Callye!

Rebekah says:

A cookie cutter collectors club?! How fun, thanks as always for the great info! :)

Rebekah says:

p.s. What is that awesome black blob cookie cutter?! A ghost? :) I want one, time to go scour ebay!

Kristy says:

The first thing I thought of for that funky spiderweb was the “Pow!” and “Blam!” bubbles in comics. That one can do double duty the next time you have to make Spiderman cookies!

Rebecca R. says:

It’s probably out there somewhere, but why hasn’t someone come up with a trade deallio (fancy word there) for cookie cutters? Sort of like netflix but with cookie cutters. I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t have the space/money for large amount of cookie cutters.

Elizabeth Pham says:

Just got into baking, came across ur website. Just wanna say Love ur collection!!

I am finally going for my dream! I am starting that baking business I have always had in my dreams. What do you suggest would be the first cookies cutters I invest in? I have painted for years on canvas/wood but just lost interest. Once I saw cookie decorating, I knew it was time to combine my passion for baking and painting into one area! Thank you a million times over for all this information you have given us. I am just printing away and cant wait to get started. Huge hugs!