3-D Witch Hat Cookies

This is going to have to be quick.  I’m SUPPOSED to be packing, but of course, as usual, I got distracted by cookies.  I mean, who wants to pack when they could be decorating?

I have a thing for 3-D cookies.  I’ve done wagons, 3-D flowers in pots, and sewing machines so it’s only logical that these were the next on my to do list!  They’d be perfect school treats OR used as placecards at a Halloween party.

I used a small-ish candy corn and round cutter to make these, but if the proportions are off, you can hand cut the tops, in the same way I did the candy corn cookies I made recently.

To make these you will need:

black outline and flood icing

purple flood icing

green flood icing

decorative star candies

The start, outline the top portion of the hat.

Next fill the sections, leaving each color a bit of time to dry between flooding so they don’t run together.  Let this piece dry completely.

Before attaching the cookies, outline the base, and let it dry.

Next, attach the top cookie to the base.  Pipe a line of black icing onto the base, and then  stick the top onto it using a shelf stacker positioned to the height needed to support the cookies.

Give those several hours to dry.  When they are secure, flood the base.

Let them dry completely again, and then position them back on the rack for the final additions.  Add a small dot of icing, and attach a candy star.

Next, use back icing to outline the area where the band will be.  When the outline has dried, flood the band with green icing.

Let them dry, and you will have adorable 3-D witch hat cookies.

I wish I had a little more energy this week, but I started this Monday, on the tired side.  I’m not sure if that’s a good sign.  But just so I don’t bore you to death, you should hop over and check out the cute witch ideas from my funny blog buddies Shelly and Kristan. Besides being WAY more entertaining than I am, they came up with some pretty darn cute ideas!

Comments

Carolina says:

I do reallz really really love it…I’m so happy I discovery your site, it will be an endless source of inspiration !!!

naomi says:

My gosh women-your creativity knows no end! These 3D witch hats are so cool!

Angela says:

These are super cute! I love owls so they immediately caught my attention. I am going to have to make these! Thank you for the inspiration! :-)

I love how these stand up! Sooooo cooooool!
    I seriously can’t wait to see all the Halloween inspired cookies you create!

Hendra says:

It just happened to me like 4 or 5 mnuites ago . it is scary and I’m. only 13 This is the second time it happened to me it was dark and I started to shake and going side to side like I was some kind of ride. My mom told me that’s a witch riding on my back. So the second time it happened I tried my best to move and it work it to me like 10 seconds to do it because it was so strong. I do fear this kind of thing and I pray to god it wouldn’t happened again.

Maggy R says:

I absolutly looooove your amazing WORK AND ART!!!! cant stop stalking your blog :) it jsut relaxes me to see your step by steps and amaze me how u do it!
    dont ever stop blogging Ü
    I might as well give it a try and make some cookies with icing etc.. XD

Dee says:

Love these bewitching cookies. Shared them on my blog! Hats off to you. :)

jules says:

Looks so cool ,seems easy is it?

QI6y8u37ty says:

uelle au cours des prochains mois, ainsi que de consacrer meilleurs formateurs de l’arm???e ??? la difficile tache de pr???paration des forces de s???curit??? afghanes ??? assumer des responsabilit???s dans leur pays. le plan devrait mettre un accent particuli???rement lourd sur army special forces, aussi connu comme les b???rets verts. ils seraient en charge de la formation d’une vari???t??? de forces de s???curit??? afghanes. dans le m???me temps, les ???quipes de commandos d’???lite au sein des forces d’op???rations sp???ciales se poursuivront leurs raids pour traquer, capturer ou tuer les chefs des insurg???s et maintenir la pression sur les cellules de combattants pour pr???venir les attaques. les b???rets verts, cr?????? par le pr???sident john f. kennedy dans les ann???es 1960, ont parmi leurs missions fondamentales que l’on appelle ???? etrangeres d???fense interne ????en combat,
    Franklin & Marshall Sweatshirts capuche

1. […] Hallloween 3-D Witch Hat Cookies by The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle […]